CAR Mentor 2011-2012
CAREER LADDER MENTOR OPTION MODULE
Objective: Teacher will mentor teacher(s) to whom they are assigned in order to help them improve instructional practices and in-crease student learning. Teacher will individually document the impact of instruction on student achievement and fulfill a Professional Growth Plan.
Criteria for participation in this module
· At least a 2/5ths contract, minimum of 50% of time with students
· Career Ladder Program expectations were met at the Collaborative Action Research level for at least two years
· A completed resume and application for this module
· Acceptance by the Career Ladder Coordinator and Site Administrator
· Participation in CAR Orientation by August 26, 2011
· Completion of an individual Professional Growth Plan (See Professional Growth Plan Guide)
· Participation in (1) structured peer review with other mentors (optional)
· Participation in (2) structured mentor meetings with protocol
· Participation in a minimum of two classroom teaching (minimum of 30 minutes) observation cycles with mentee
· Participation in at least four meetings, planning sessions, modeling sessions with mentee
· Maintenance and completion of a portfolio, professionally presented, organized with a Table of Contents and aligned to Mentor Option Expectations and Standards for a Quality Portfolio
· Adherence to all due dates
May 1, 2011 to July 1, 2011 Application Window
September 14, 2011 1st Mentor Meeting
September 16, 2011 Student Achievement Plan due
December 2, 2011 1st Submittal (Peer Review)
February 17, 2012 Mentor Peer Review Session
January 23, 2012 2nd Mentor Mtg.
May 24, 2012 Final Submittal
· Instruction is modified and adjusted based upon analysis of student data
· Amphitheater Teacher Performance Evaluation System (ATPES) (informal and formal) conducted by site administrator
· Development of a Student Achievement Plan
· Class Data Sheet for entire population with a minimum of three (3) assessments (pre, mid, post)
· Evidence of 21st Century Skill(s) learning in student work
Prior to First Semester
Application Window: May 1, 2011 to July 1, 2011 Potential Mentor Option candidates submit a resume and application. Administration reviews resumes and makes decisions based on need and best fit no later than August 26, 2011. Candidates that are not accepted as a mentor must choose another CAR level option.
Meeting Mentor Option Program Expectations qualifies a teacher to participate at the CAR level the following year.
Not meeting Mentor Option Program Expectations will result in a return to the traditional salary schedule or require the teacher to meet with the Career Ladder Coordinator prior to September 2, 2011 to create a Professional Growth Plan if choosing to remain in the Career Ladder Program.
First Semester Specifics: CAR Mentor
Second Semester Specifics: CAR Mentor