AMPHITHEATER SUBSTITUTE INFORMATION
Substitutes are hired and managed through the Substitute Office, a division of Human Resources. An automatic computer system called "Smart Find Express" receives requests for substitutes and the system also calls the substitutes and places them in schools.
TO BECOME A CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE TEACHER:
1. Apply here: http://www.applitrack.com/amphi/onlineapp/
You will need to scan and upload the following documents:
- Arizona teaching or Substitute certificate (that has been recorded with the Pima County Superintendent's Office
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Three (3) signed letters of professional recommendation
Your application will be reviewed and retained on file for consideration for six (6) months. As the need arises to fill substitute positions, you will be contacted by our Human Resources Substitute Coordinator. You will be scheduled to attend an Amphitheater certified substitute orientation, which you must attend before substituting.
2. If you do not hold an Arizona Substitute or Teaching Certificate, but are a college graduate with a least a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, please complete the following steps:
- Obtain a fingerprint clearance card from the Arizona Department of
Public Safety (DPS). Fingerprint application packets are available
at Amphitheater's Human Resources or you can obtain a
packet from the Arizona DPS by calling (602) 223-2279.
- Obtain official college or university transcript(s) with your degree
- Complete an Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Substitute Certification Application available at the ADE Certification Office. You will need your fingerprint clearance card and your official transcript upon submission of your application. When approved, you will be issued a substitute certificate. For more information, please visit ADE's website at www.ade.az.gov/certificationor call (520) 740-8451.
- Register your certificate with the Pima County Superintendent's
Office. The phone number is (520)740-8451
- Complete an Amphitheater Public Schools certified substitute application as outlined above.
CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE TEACHER COMPENSATION
Salary for the First 20 Assignments of Substituting (per school year):
- Full Day - $75.00/day
- Half Day - $37.50/day
Salary after Completing 20 Assignments of Substituting (per school year):
- Full Day - $100.00/day
- Half Day - $50.00/day
Being a certified substitute with Amphitheater Public Schools in no way constitutes an assurance of a minimum number of assignments. Employment is strictly on an on-call, as needed basis.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A SUPPORT STAFF (CLASSIFIED)SUBSTITUTE?
Positions such as office staff, special education aides, custodians, food services staff, school nurses and health assistants comprise a portion of our support staff. If you are interested in substituting in such positions please apply here: http://www.applitrack.com/amphi/onlineapp/
Your application will be reviewed and retained for consideration for six (6) months. As the need arises to fill substitute positions, you will be notified by our Human Resources Substitute Coordinator. You will be required to obtain fingerprint clearance prior to start of work. Fingerprint processing can be completed by the Human Resources Office. The cost for fingerprint processing is $30.00 and must be paid at the time of processing. Upon clearance, you will be asked to attend an Amphitheater Support Staff (Classified) Substitute Orientation.
SCHOOL NURSE SUBSTITUTES must also submit a current Arizona Registered Nursing License as well as proof of CPR child and adult certification.
SCHOOL HEALTH ASSISTANT SUBSTITUTES must also submit proof of current CPR child and adult certification, as well as current First Aid certification.
SUPPORT STAFF (CLASSIFIED) SUBSTITUTE COMPENSATION as of 12/27/10
Campus Monitor - $8.18/hour
Groundskeeper - $9.89/hour
Clerical - $8.47/hour
Instructional Aide - $8.73/hour
Computer Aide - $10.36/hour
Health Assistant - $9.31/hour
Crossing Guard - $8.18/hour
Security - $9.89/hour
Custodian - $9.89/hour
Special Education Aide - $10.36/hour
Food Service - $8.18/hour
Behavior Monitor - $9.89/hour
Being a support staff (classified)substitute with Amphitheater Public Schools in no way constitutes an assurance of a minimum number of assignments. Employment is strictly on an on-call, as needed basis. Support staff (classified) substitutes are paid on an hourly rate based on the job performed.
If you have any questions, please call our Substitute Coordinator: (520) 696-5244