CAR Staff Development 2011-2012
CAREER LADDER STAFF DEVELOPMENT OPTION MODULE
Objective: Teacher will analyze data to determine district staff development needs, then provide training to teachers for the purposes of improving instructional practice and increasing student learning. Teacher will individually document the impact of instruction on student achievement and fulfill a Professional Growth Plan.
Criteria for participation in this module
- At least a 2/5ths contract, minimum of 50% of time with students
- Career Ladder Program Expectations were met at the Collaborative Action Research level for at least two years
- A completed resume and application for this module
- Acceptance by the Career Ladder Coordinator
- Participation in CAR Orientation by August 26, 2011
- Participation in (1) structured peer review with other staff developers
- Participation in (2) structured staff developer meetings with protocol
- Facilitation of a follow up plan for all participants of Staff Development trainings
- Completion of (4) Presenter Reflections for the year
- Maintenance and completion of a portfolio, professionally presented, organized and aligned to Staff Development Option Expectations and Standards for a Quality Portfolio
- Adherence to all due dates
May 1, 2011 to July 1, 2011 Application Window
September 14, 2011 1st Staff Developers Mtg.
September 16, 2011 Student Achievement Plan
December 2, 2011 1st Submittal(Peer Review)
February 17, 2012 Mid Submittal Peer
April 5, 2012 2nd Staff Developers Mtg.
May 24, 2012 Final Submittal
- Instruction is modified and adjusted based upon analysis of student data
- Amphitheater Teacher Performance Evaluation System (ATPES) (informal and formal) conducted by site administrator
- Development of a Student Achievement Plan based on Arizona State Standards/School Site Focus
- Class Data Sheet for entire population with a minimum of three (3) assessments (pre, mid, post)
- Student Data Analysis and Teacher Reflection Forms
- Evidence of 21st Century Skill(s) learning in student work
Prior to First Semester
- Staff Development Application Window: May 1, 2011 to July 1, 2011 Potential Staff Development Option candidates review needs for professional development offerings and submit a resume and application for one of the modules.
- Administration reviews resumes and makes decisions based on need and best fit no later than August 26, 2010
- Candidates who are not accepted participate at the regular CAR level of Career Ladder.
Meeting Staff Development Option Program Expectations qualifies a teacher to participate in CAR the following year.
Not meeting Staff Development Option Program Expectations will result in a return to the traditional salary schedule or require the teacher to meet with the Career Ladder Coordinator prior to September 2, 2011 to create a Professional Growth Plan if choosing to remain in the Career Ladder Program.
Portfolios, with final evaluations, may be picked up at the Career ladder office on June 4, 2012 from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
First Semester Specifics: CAR Staff Development
Second Semester Specifics: CAR Staff Development