2015-2016 Registration Information Dates
- January 26, 6pm - 8th Grade Parent Orientation
- January 28, 9am-12 - Mt. Vista 8th Graders at CDO
- January 29 - Counselors at Cross to give pre-registration info to 8th graders
- February 2-6 - Pre-registration presentations for current 9-11 graders
- February 4 - Pick up course selections from Mt. Vista
- February 5 - Counselors at Cross to enter course selections
- February 9-13 - Pre-registration presentations for current 9-11 graders
- February 10, 6pm - Open-Enrolled Students Pre-Registration Night (#1)
- February 16-20 - Counselors to help current 9-11 graders enter course selections
- February 23-24 - Counselors to help current 9-11 graders enter course selections
- February 25 - Open-Enrolled students course selection forms due
- March 31, 6pm - Open-Enrolled Students Pre-Registration Night (#2 new approvals)
Weekly Bell Schedule
- Week of January 20th - regular schedule
- Week of January 26th - regular schedule
- Week of February 2nd - half day Wednesday (block schedule Tues/Th/Fri)
International Baccalaureate World School
We are proud to announce that Canyon del Oro High School is an International Baccalaureate World School. The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) approved Canyon del Oro High School to offer the IB Diploma Programme , beginning in the school year of 2012-2013. The IBO is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding students understanding of the world. Currently, there are more than 1,900 IB schools in over 124 countries, nearly 500 of which are located in the United States. Students who have earned the IB Diploma attend prestigious universities throughout the world. For more information about IB, click here.
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Nationwide, Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are changing, evolving and innovating to better serve the country’s needs. CTE is preparing students of all ages to help drive America’s success and vitality. Further, it is creating an educational environment that integrates core academics with real-world relevance. CTE is leading this change, transforming expectations and making a difference for students, for secondary and postsecondary schools, for businesses and industry—for America. For more information about CTE, click here.
Advanced Placement (AP)
There are a million paths you can take between now and your future. By giving you the opportunity to explore what interests you the most, AP courses help you find your unique direction. For more information about AP, click here.
The mission of the faculty and staff at Canyon del Oro High School is to provide diverse educational opportunities that empower students to become innovative, knowledgeable, and compassionate members of a global community.
THE GOLD STANDARD
The vision for Canyon del Oro High School is to be a model of excellence in secondary education through the use of instructional best practices, a comprehensive and challenging curriculum, and a supportive and respectful environment for all students.