Early Childhood Center
Our program offers your child a nurturing and caring environment, that inspires natural curiosity and fosters physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development. Children learn to express themselves in many ways through "Play": To think critically, solve problems creatively, and to interact positively with others. We believe children in preschool should have a wide variety of developmentally appropriate activities. The program's balance between teacher-structured and student-choice activities is comfortable and realistic for the young child.
- A positive sense of self-worth
- Problem-solving skills
- Language skills, both listening and speaking
- Large and small motor coordination
- Intellectual curiosity about the world
- Positive social skills
- Respect for ones own rights as well as the rights of others
- Self expression
Early Childhood Standards
- Language and Literacy
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development, Health, and Safety
- Social Studies
The Early Childhood Center is a laboratory preschool for the Early Childhood program at CDO. The preschool teacher is Arizona certified in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education.
Requirements for admission
- 2-5 years old
- Completely potty trained
- Open to all families in the community.
The preschool is open on all Amphitheater teacher reporting days from 7am- 5pm; we follow the school calendar.