In partnership with staff, family and community members,
Painted Sky will provide a safe environment
where each student is challenged academically,
and encouraged to be self-directed, independent and respectful.
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
• Parents, staff, and students share ownership in the learning process.
• Students are expected to develop self-discipline, assume responsibility,
and be accountable for their actions.
• A strong work ethic and high expectations lead to academic excellence.
• Every student must be taught how to utilize current technology as
a learning tool.
• Learning is an ongoing process in which children are encouraged to take
risks and ask questions.
• That the Painted Sky campus should be an environment where everyone
is treated with mutual respect.
• In an educational environment that provides for different learning styles.
WHAT WE OFFER
Wireless technology, iPads,Smart Boards, Student Council, Chorus, Band, Orchestra, Chess Club, Lacrosse, Pre-Algebra Club, Odyssey of the Mind, Math Olympiad, Dance, Math, Science and Reading Family Nights, REACH, Caught Being Good incentives, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Brownies, Daisys, Cub Scouts, Milers' Club, Thunderbird Resource Center, Robotics, an active and very supportive PTO and before and after school child care (CEP).
Painted Sky is located in Oro Valley, a city of 41,011 located 3 miles north
of Tucson. Our school is situated near the base of the Santa Catalina
Mountains on the eastern side of Oro Valley.
ABOUT OUR STAFF
More than one-third of Painted Sky's teaching staff has earned their
master’s degree. Our staff participates in workshops and attends
professional conferences to improve instruction at Painted Sky. All of Painted Sky's teachers are Highly Qualified, according to the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) guidelines. Five of our teachers have achieved National Board Certified Teacher status (NBCT).
This site best viewed with INTERNET EXPLORER.
This site created and maintained by Painted Sky Webmaster,
for use of the employees, parents and students of
The Amphitheater School District
Copyright © 2000-2014 Cathy Burg. All Rights Reserved.
This site last updated April 22, 2014
Visitors to this site.