Amphitheater Public Schools offers online summer courses to current students of the Amphitheater School District who are interested in earning academic credit while working independently. The Mesa Distance Learning Program (MDLP) will be the online curriculum provider. This program has high quality, interactive online semester courses taught by certified teachers. Our distance learning program provides multimedia-rich curriculum aligned to state and national standards as well as numerous online tools for both parents and students.
To register for an MDLP summer online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Students must see a counselor for advisement to take an online course.
- Students wishing to take an online course will pay for the course at the bookstore.
- Students will download/print and complete the MDLP summer school contract.
- The completed contract and proof of payment are returned to the counselor to complete the online course approval form.
- The student is responsible to register for the course at http://www.mdlp.org/amphi/
- Online summer school pre-registration begins March 20, 2017.
- Students will be given the opportunity to earn up to 1.0 transferable credit or two semesters of course work. Note that all course work must be completed by the final deadline of July 20, 2017. If a student wishes to complete two semesters of course work, the second semester course work may begin at the completion of semester one; however no second semester course may begin after June 26, 2017.
- Online instructors are afforded 48 hours to grade and provide feedback. Plan accordingly. All online course work must be submitted and graded before approval to complete a final exam.
- All MDLP courses require a proctored final exam the home school. Proctoring dates and times are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Cost: $150.00 per semester. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa, MC, or Discover) online (see below)
or pay at CDO or IRHS bookstore by cash, check or credit card (Visa or MC).
- There will be no refunds after a student starts a class.
- The final course grade will be posted on the student’s transcript. A student who has completed 20% or more of a class and either drops or does not finish the course will receive an “F”.
- Recommended pacing for a semester long course is approximately six hours per day; five days per week.
Summer school course work may begin as early as May 26, 2017.
Pay Online! Click here for instructions on how to pay online with your credit card.
CLICK HERE to pay online!