2022-2023 Mitigation Plan
The Amphitheater School District has continually updated mitigation plans and strategies to provide a safe and positive learning environment for students and staff based on recommendations from county and state health officials and our Blue Ribbon Committee.
Please be aware that in addition to the items on this list, each school site has also developed procedures specific to their campuses regarding student and employee health and safety.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Hand sanitizer and/or soap and water will be available in classrooms.
- Hand-washing stations are available where needed.
- Rooms will be ventilated to the extent possible.
- All HVAC systems in every school meet the CDC requirements for ventilation for the pandemic.
PPE/Health and Safety
- Face coverings are optional on school property.
- Students and staff will be educated about the symptoms of COVID-19 and reminded to stay home if they are sick or test positive for COVID-19..
- The District has implemented procedures for students who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 to receive an excused absence to remain home when ill or to see a health care provider for testing, care, or vaccination.
- Parents are responsible for determining their child’s health status before arriving at school.
- Parents are responsible for keeping their child at home should they present with any symptoms of illness.
- Any student or staff member exhibiting signs of infectious illness, such as influenza (flu) or COVID-19, must stay home or see a health care provider for testing and care.
- The District has adjusted HVAC systems to pull in a maximized amount of outside air.
- The District continues to change its air filters on a scheduled quarterly basis.
- Students will receive regular reminders at school about the importance of hand-washing and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Teachers will communicate with parents through District email or by phone.
- The District maintains an email hotline (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions and concerns.
- Masks are optional on all District transportation.
- The District takes necessary precautions and mitigation efforts when transporting special needs and medically fragile students.
- Full-time online education is available through K-12 Amphi Academy Online.
REPORT ON FUNDING
For a review of federal COVID-19 relief funding, please visit this link.
FAQ FOR 2022-2023
In addition to the mitigation efforts outlined on this page, here are answers to some common questions for the upcoming school year. If you have a question, please send it to email@example.com. You can also find helpful information at the links listed at the bottom of this page.
Q: What are the rules for sports this year?
A: Amphitheater Public Schools follows mitigation protocols based on the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) guidelines. High Schools will provide that information during each sport’s season.
Q: Will spectators be allowed?
A: Spectators will be allowed at athletic events.
Q: Will athletes and spectators be required to wear masks?
A: Masks are optional for spectators at all activities.
Q: What happened to the COVID-19 Dashboard?
A: The District continues to track COVID cases reported to schools. If the number of reported cases rises in our schools, we will resume reporting via the COVID Dashboard..
Q: What happens if a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
A: Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must stay home. The CDC recommends that anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 remain isolated for at least five days from symptom onset or the date of the positive test if asymptomatic. As with any illness, individuals must be fever-free for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication and other symptoms must be improved before returning to work or school.
Q: Will there be limits on how many people can attend events and performances?
A: Health officials have lifted all limitations on the size of gatherings.
Q: Are students and staff required to wear face coverings at school?
A: Masks are optional indoors and outdoors on Amphitheater property, including in schools.
Q: Will field trips be allowed?
A: Field trips will be allowed and will follow school and Governing Board regulations and requirements as in previous years.
Volunteers and Visitors
Q: Will schools allow volunteers and visitors?
A: All volunteers are welcome at our schools as they have been in the past. Please check with your school to make arrangements to volunteer.