Parents or students, sign up for reminders from Ms. Laughter!
Missing songs from grammar? Listen to them here!
- Helping/Linking Verb Song
- Verb Rap
- Noun Song
- 8 parts of Speech
- "a" vs. "an" Vowel sounds (apples & bananas)
- Big A, little a...Capitalization practice
We are wrapping up Chapter 4 of side by side
Conversation & Vocabulary
We are studying COLLABORATION & GROWTH MINDSET.
1.What are the important parts of the brain?
2.Does the size of your brain matter?
3.What can we do to keep our brain healthy?
4.How does our brain learn?
5.Does our attitude affect our learning?
Currently we are studying different types of Reading Strategies!
Don't forget to:
- Fill out an emoji response for each chapter you read.
- If you do not have a copy of the emoji response, use the chart below to write your own version. Include the title of the chapter, and your reason for the response.
- Remeber your response should not be simple comments like, "I liked it," "it was boring," or " I don't get it". Explain why you feel this way! Use evidence where you can!
- Use your post-its to mark interesting and/or important events, characters or information.
- Use your post-its to make a prediction at the end of the chapters!
Independant Reading Notes
- Everyday Ms. Laughter sets aside 10-15 minutes of Reading class for students to read an book of their choosing. Students are required to take notes while reading.
- These notes will be used to help students complete one book project per semester!
- On Fridays one page of A.R notes must be turned in. YOU HAVE 5 DAYS TO CREATE ONE PAGE OF NOTES... there are NO EXCUSES for missing Reading notes.
We are reviewing the PERSUASIVE paragraph structure and the writing process!
Just in case you forgot what your paragraphs should look like...
~*~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~
If you finish, remeber to C.U.P.S & A.R.M.S ...there should be at least 5 sentences that I can tell you revised.
Remember in order to grow and become better writers, you have to take a chance!
Each day Ms. Laughter sets aside 7 minutes for students to complete a 6 line journal... there are no excuses for unfinished journals!