La Cima Middle School- At Home Physical Education
Students and Families,
Hey physical education students! Ms. Dodd’s and Mr. Woodard here. We hope you all had the best Spring Break you could in these uncertain times. We miss you guys! With all the health issues going on around the world the state of Arizona has closed all schools until at least April 13th. Due to the closing of school we have put together some apps that we would like you to download on your cell phones. All of these apps are free to download and some we have even used in class. These apps will give you information from physical workouts, yoga workouts, brain workouts, step counter, physical activity tracker, nutrition tracker, and inspirational quotes. Our hope is that you use this information. Remember the U.S. Department of Health recommends at least 60 minutes of physical activity and three healthy meals every day.
Physical Education Packet
- Nike NTC Training App: This app has a large amount of physical workouts that students can do with or without weight equipment. You will need to make an account and then you will have access to free workouts. Do not pay for any workout.
- Yoga App: This app has a large amount of yoga workouts that students can do at home. These workouts are great for working on flexibility. You may have to make an account on this app. Do not pay for any workout.
- Lumosity App: This app will give you a set of daily brain exercises to do. This would be a great way to start the day, or before you start work in your core content areas. Do not purchase any brain games within the app.
- Pacer App: This app is not similar to the PACER app we use in class. This app is a step counter. As long as you have your phone on you when you are moving around during the day, it will count the amount of steps you take every day. You want to try and get at least 10,000 steps every day. This app will also give you the amount of calories burned, active time, and miles walked. This app may be used more when we move deeper into at home physical education.
- Under Armour- My Fitness Pal App: This app will give students the capability to track physical activity that they do on a daily basis. It will also give students the ability to track their nutritional intake on a daily basis. This app may be used more in depth as we move deeper into at home physical education. After you make your account, the + button on the bottom will allow you to input any information into the app. Please get familiar with this app.
- Motivation App: This app will give students an inspirational/motivational quote every day. We thought this might be a great way to keep morale up during this stressful time. You can set this app up to send a notification to your phone of the daily quote.
- Zombies, Run App: This app will allow students to virtually get physical activity while running from zombies!!
- The Walk App: Start you journey on The Walk. This app takes students on a virtual journey while walking through your neighborhood or parks.
- Sweat Deck App: This app is basically our workout we do in class, which is called Card Suit Pickup. Each card represents a specific exercise, which students will follow throughout their workout.
- Map My Ride by Under Armour App: This app is another great way to map out your daily bike rides you are taking. It will map out the route that you took, the distance you traveled, and the amount of time it took.
- Map My Walk by Under Armour App: This app is another great way to map out your daily walks you are taking. It will map out the route that you took, the distance you traveled, and the amount of time it took.
- All Trails: Hike, Bike, & Run App: This app is awesome if you love being outdoors! The app will give you a ton of options of trails that people have hiked in your area. It will give you a map of the trail and distance it takes to complete. Get outside!
- Yoga: Down Dog App: This is another great yoga app. This app will walk you through different workouts of your choice. This is a great way to wake up in the morning!
- Nike Run Club App: This app is another type of running/walking app. It will keep track of the distance traveled, and how long your run was. Another way to get outside and get some exercise.
If you need anything at any time during this time apart please email Ms. Dodd’s or Mr. Woodard. We will help the best we can with any issues.
Ms. Dodd’s: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Woodard: email@example.com