The purpose of this guide is to help outline how different individuals within the K-12 schooling system can leverage Zoom in a virtual learning environment. It is formukated so you can access the materials that are relevant to you. If it's your first time using Zoom, reference section 1 for everything you need to get started using Zoom. If you have any issues or questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Zoom Etiquette Page/Online Classroom Rules:
Hi. Let’s review classroom rules and expectations so all understand what our classroom culture will be. Our Zoom culture will be the same as our daily experience in A157. Kindness, Respect, and Support.
- You can use your phone for Zoom (the app is free).
- Schedule your Zoom sessions in Google Classroom on the zoom form provided. If you have trouble with this, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will post the zoom link and ID # on Google Classroom and Assignment Calendar.
- Do not underestimate the strain on your internet connection if multiple family members are online. Try to properly schedule with your family so you eliminate any connection struggles.
- Let all family and loved ones know that you are conferencing with your teacher and students ahead of time to eliminate noise and potential exposure of private conversations amongst your family.
- Pick a quiet space to conduct Zoom sessions (preferably at a table of some sort).
- Have your computer or phone set in a steady place so as not to move constantly.
- Mute your microphone to eliminate background noise (unless asking a question).
- You will still need school materials handy such as paper and pencil/pen.
- Have your questions and concerns written down ahead of time so I can make sure you get them answered. Many of your questions can be posted on the Zoom form in Google Classroom that I have provided.
- Do not post our Zoom sessions on any social media or other online sources. I have not given permission for that.
- Eating during Zoom sessions is very distracting for others so please schedule yourself accordingly.
- As always, appropriate attire and language.
This is a new adventure for us all. If anything, we are all learning new tools that can only help us in the future. Be patient, kind, and stay healthy.