Phone: (520) 696-6248
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in History, minor in Asian Studies from Northern Arizona University, + study abroad experience for one year in Bangalore, India at Christ University M.Ed. in Teaching and Teacher Education from the University of Arizona Arizona Department of Education certified to teach Secondary Education, History/Social Studies
Ms. Leslie Hicken
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 2:15pm-4:00pm
*Email me anytime, and I will do my best to respond within one school day. email@example.com
Ways to get your work turned in:
Turn in the assigned work to your teacher through Google Classroom.
- 3 years in the Creighton School District in Phoenix, AZ (K-8 Special Education support staff and habilitation therapist)
- 1 year at Arizona Autism Charter School in Phoenix, AZ (Middle School substitute teacher and support staff)
- 1 year at Catalina Magnet High School in Tucson, AZ (High School support staff for Special Education)
- 1 year at University High School in Tucson, AZ (10th grade AP World History Student Teacher)
Why I am committed to Amphi
- As a new teacher in Amphi, I was drawn to this school and District because of the positive culture and committment of the whole team to each student- no matter what the students' needs or ability levels.
Defining Moment in my Education
- When I first started working in special education with students who were nonverbal and I realized how much we can communicate even without language. We all learn from each other; every person has the capacity to teach and learn if we truly listen!
Why I Teach at AMS
- AMS is my home school- I live down the street, and I love this neighborhood. I look forward to getting to know my neighbors- my students and their families.
Hobbies and Interests
- Hiking, backpacking, bicycling, reading, painting, cooking, gardening, travelling, live music, and I love animals- wild and domestic!