School Hours and Attendance
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:45 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Tuesday (Early out)
7:45 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.
Attendance is extremely important. When students miss out on school days they miss out on important concepts that they need to succeed in second grade and beyond. It is also imperative students stay the whole day to have the fluid, quality learning needed beyond second grade. Please make sure students arrive before 7:45 and stay until dismissal. All changes need to be reported to the office no later than 2:00 p.m. Late arrival and early departure disrupts the learning environment of all students and results in the loss of valuable learning time.
- Monday- Computers
- Snacks : We have snack daily during recess. Please donate any healthy foods for us to share! Trail Mix, fruit snacks, pretzels, popcorn, and power/fiber bars are always welcomed. Think healthy and small!
- Birthdays and Parties: I love to party! Parties at school are great and joyful, however, I want to make sure we still get in as much learning time as possible. Holiday’s and Birthdays will be celebrated at the lunch or at the end of the day. If you would like to bring in anything to share, we ask that it not have frosting (sorry, no cakes or cupcakes). This is for allergy reasons, as well as for a healthier lifestyle at school. 100% fruit juice, fruit snacks, fruits, veggies and dips are great choices. Also, C is for cookie, and those are good enough for me! So we will let those slide
In Room 30, we have lots of incentives and classroom management trackers.
- Sols: Every Monday, students receive 3 “Sols” which are used like money. Students can choose to spend these by using the restroom or grabbing a drink during class. The only “no go” times are Reading and Math- because this is valuable learning time. Students can earn paws throughout the day by making good choices, answering questions, and helping others. The more you have, the more you can spend at our class store.
- Smart Mints: Peppermints are Brain Food! Aside from stimulating your alertness, peppermint can stimulate your brain in additional ways, including boost your mood. Great Answers always earn a Smart Mint!
- Stinky Hands: Great thinking can be activated and rewarded by great smelling chapstick swipes on the hand :)
- Marshmallow Toes: We like to show other classes just how quiet we can be walking in our line, in and out of our classes, and in the hallway. Super quiet voices and mouths earn a marshmallow!
- Brain Kisses- Kiss your brain with readiness, respect, resilience, and responsibility!
On Friday, March 20, Governor Ducey and Superintendent of Public Instruction Hoffman extended the state-wide closure of all Arizona public schools until April 10.
For information about this decision, see Open Letter To Arizona Families, Educators, School Leaders, And Education Community Members from Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent Kathy Hoffman.
I have created a sample daily schedule that you can follow or adapt as needed to fit your family's needs. You will find to online learning sites that we use at Holaway, and if you contact me, I can provide you with the login iformation for your kiddo.
Stay Healthy and Safe during this ever changing time.