School Hours and Attendance
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:45 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Tuesday (Early out)
7:45 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.
Attendance is extremely important. When students miss out on school days they miss out on important concepts that they need to succeed in second grade and beyond. It is also imperative students stay the whole day to have the fluid, quality learning needed beyond second grade. Please make sure students arrive before 7:45 and stay until dismissal. All changes need to be reported to the office no later than 2:00 p.m. Late arrival and early departure disrupts the learning environment of all students and results in the loss of valuable learning time.
- Monday- Computers
- Snacks : We have snack daily during recess. Please donate any healthy foods for us to share! Trail Mix, fruit snacks, pretzels, popcorn, and power/fiber bars are always welcomed. Think healthy and small!
- Birthdays and Parties: I love to party! Parties at school are great and joyful, however, I want to make sure we still get in as much learning time as possible. Holiday’s and Birthdays will be celebrated at the lunch or at the end of the day. If you would like to bring in anything to share, we ask that it not have frosting (sorry, no cakes or cupcakes). This is for allergy reasons, as well as for a healthier lifestyle at school. 100% fruit juice, fruit snacks, fruits, veggies and dips are great choices. Also, C is for cookie, and those are good enough for me! So we will let those slide
In Room 30, we have lots of incentives and classroom management trackers.
- Sols: Every Monday, students receive 3 “Sols” which are used like money. Students can choose to spend these by using the restroom or grabbing a drink during class. The only “no go” times are Reading and Math- because this is valuable learning time. Students can earn paws throughout the day by making good choices, answering questions, and helping others. The more you have, the more you can spend at our class store.
- Smart Mints: Peppermints are Brain Food! Aside from stimulating your alertness, peppermint can stimulate your brain in additional ways, including boost your mood. Great Answers always earn a Smart Mint!
- Stinky Hands: Great thinking can be activated and rewarded by great smelling chapstick swipes on the hand :)
- Marshmallow Toes: We like to show other classes just how quiet we can be walking in our line, in and out of our classes, and in the hallway. Super quiet voices and mouths earn a marshmallow!
- Brain Kisses- Kiss your brain with readiness, respect, resilience, and responsibility!
A few years ago, Amphitheater School District and Holaway Elementary School has adopted a new reading and math program. Reading Street and My Math, have been successfully implemented and your students have had access to common core standards and expectations. Our teachers have been working diligently to bring these standards into the classroom for the past two years, and we now have materials that support the learning and education of our 21st century children. We have implimented the most current Lucy Calkins Writing program and have just recently adopted the Pearson Social Studies curriculium. We look forward to integrating this into our daily schedule.Have questions about the common core? Please go to www.corestandards.org.