Welcome to Holaway Music Classes!
General Music Classes
I teach all K-5 general music classes as well as 4th and 5th grade beginning and advanced bands. Students in music classes are expected to follow the “Coyote Code.” The “Coyote Code” is Readiness, Responsibility, Respect and Resilience. Music standards include creating, relating, and evaluating music.
Fourth and Fifth Grade Band
Students who choose to be in band will meet during regular school hours during one of their specials' times. Band students are required to attend two rehearsals per week. Beginning band students meet from 8:05-8:55 on Thursdays and attend one sectional before school on assigned day. Advanced band students meet from 8:05-8:55 on Mondays and attend one sectional.
Sectional schedule and times.
Monday 7:20-7:45 a.m. trumpets/baritones/trombones
Tuesday 7:20-7:45 a.m. clarinets
Wednesday 7:20-7:45 a.m. flutes
Thursday 7:20-7:45 a.m. percussion
Friday 7:20-7:45 a.m. saxophones
The band will participate in the following three concerts during the 2015-2016 school year:
- Monday, December 14, 2015 6:30 p.m. in the Holaway MPR
- Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:30 p.m. at Amphi High School (joint concert with other elementary schools)
- Monday, May 2, 2016 6:30 p.m. in the Holaway MPR.
To ensure your child’s success in band, please remember:
- Students and parents are expected to make a one-year commitment to band.
- Attendance, instruments, and music are required at all classes.
- Home practice is necessary to keep up with the group. Please make a time and place available for students to practice at home.
- When not in use please keep instruments in a safe place out of reach of siblings or pets.
- Put concert dates and times on calendar now. Students are expected to attend all concerts.