Cross Middle School - Class information
OUR CLASS PERIOD WILL INCLUDE LESSONS BASED ON THE 6TH GRADE STANDARDS:
- Analyzing short stories/Literary Elements/Outside Reading
- Reading comprehension strategies
- Discussion, collaboration, journaling with novels
- Elements of Poetry
- Vocabulary/Greek and Latin stems
- Daily Warm Up - spiral learning
- Writing using the 6 Traits and the Writing Process
- Reading - reading activities, book report, novel and short story work
- Writing - journal, writing activities, essays, poetry
- Language Skills - bellwork, grammar, vocabulary
Grades are updated weekly on Tyler 360.
Students will be expected to read a novel each quarter and complete a book report.
- Students are expected to make up work that they missed. They will be given a day for each day they were absent to turn in work. If assignment is late - please put a note on side - absent.
- By email - email@example.com (I will check my email at the beginning and end of each school day)
- By phone - 696-5964 for classroom (I do not answer my phone during teaching time, if you MUST speak to someone call 696-5920 for office)
Goals for our Classroom
- Work hard and do our best
- Practice INTEGRITY
- Achieve academically and be quality citizens with outstanding character
- Be respectful
- Be responsible
- Be organized