Introduction to your classroom:
C.H.O.I.C.E.S. is the name given to La Cima's self-contained program designed to serve students in special education with emotional and behavioral needs who have demonstrated the need for a more structured program.
C.H.O.I.C.E.S. is a consistent, highly structured program emphasizing the key components:
- Classroom safety, basic respect and self-initiation
- A positive, supportive, open and on-going communication between school, family and community team members
- Academic programs that are individualized to meet student needs
C.H.O.I.C.E.S. focuses on student's behavior, social and emotional issues and academic needs through behavior management strategies and interventions with smaller teacher to pupil ration and fewer daily transitions.
Communication is key.
- Students will come home each day with a daily monitoring sheet. It is important that you review this sheet with your child and use it as an opportunity to celebrate the day's successes or areas of concern. These sheets are to be signed by a parent or guardian and returned to school the next day.
- If you have any questions, concerns or have information to share, please call or email me.