Defining Moment in Education
I chose education as a 2nd career. I was in the field of accounting for 14 years. About 10 years in, I decided to go back to obtain my Certified Public Accountant certification. At this time I also began volunteering in my two sons’ classrooms at Coronado Elementary School.
I had begun to feel unfulfilled in my accounting career and had started to think about a possible career in education. I was fortunate enough to work with two amazing teachers that inspired me with their dedication, love and enthusiasm in teaching, Ms. Lenihan and Ms. Billard (now known as Ms. Rowe). Watching them with children made me realize this is what I wanted to do. I saw, first hand, the positive impact that could be made with children and how lives could be changed.
Core Educational Belief
I believe that all students can learn. They learn differently and at different times. I also believe that the core to student achievement comes from the relationships built between the teacher and the student. If students are made to feel welcome and cared about, the sky is the limit in regard to their learning.
- 2014 - 2016 Instructional Support Assistant, Amphitheater High School
- 2013 - 2014 Instructional Support Assistant, La Cima Middle School
- 2011 - 2013 Instructional Support Leader, Amphitheater School District
- 2002 - 2011 5th Grade Teacher, Prince Elementary School
- 1999 - 2002 Success For All Facilitator/Title 1 Reading Specialist, Prince Elementary School
- 1996 - 1999 3rd Grade Teacher, Prince Elementary School
Degrees & Certifications
- Northern Arizona University – Master of Education – Educational Leadership
- University of Arizona – Bachelor of Arts – Elementary Education
- Principal Certification
- Gifted Certification K-12
- Math Certification K-8
- Early Childhood Certification Pre K-3
- ELD Certification K-12