General Classroom Rules:
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
3. Be positive and respectful in your speech and actions.
Consequences and Rewards:
To encourage my students to follow the classroom rules, I will recognize appropriate individual and group behavior with verbal or non-verbal praise, participation points, positive notes or phone calls home, stickers, awards, certificates, choice time, and treats. Students can earn praise by returning homework daily, good attentive behavior, having a good attitude, walking in the hall quietly, working well with others, etc.
If a student chooses to break a rule, the following consequences will take effect:
First time: Verbal warning/Proximity/"That's One"
Second time: Verbal warning/Proximity/"That's Two"
Third time: Verbal Warning/Proximity/"That's Three"
The student will immediately remove himself/herself from the classroom and sit in the Quiet Room (located in the teacher's office) until he/she decides they are ready to return to the classroom activity.
If the behavior continues and/or increases in severity the following steps will be taken:
- Removal to another classroom.
- Loss of the lunch recess and Time out from the activity.
- Family called and/or conference arranged.
- Discipline form filled out and time spent in the Responsibility Room.
- Meeting with the Principal.
Please note: A serious offense or an attempt to harm another person physically or verbally is cause for immediate removal from the classroom. The severe clause becomes part of the plan to cover such severe rule infractions as destroying property, hurting others, fighting, blatantly defying the teacher, or totally disrupting the class. At this time, a warning or check would belittle the severity of the infraction.