Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Public Health University of Arizona K-12 Mild-Moderate Special Education Teaching Certificate Structured English Immersion Endorsement
Mrs. Jamie Geltz
Welcome! Please take a look around and contact me with any questions.
- Health Promotion Specialist, El Rio Community Health Center, Tucson, AZ
- Child Wellness Advocate, Himalayan Children Care Home, Pokhara, Nepal
- Special Education Paraprofessional, Amphi High School
- 8th grade Resource Language Arts Teacher, Amphi Middle School
- 6th-8th grade Cross-Categorical Teacher, Amphi Middle School
Why I am committed to Amphi
- Diversity is celebrated at Amphi, and the educators here are committed to building a community of life-long learners.
Defining Moment in My Educational Philosophy
- A student of mine approached me at 8th grade promotion and said, "Mrs. Geltz, I didn't think I could do it, but then I did." I love to see students accomplish something they previously thought they could not. I believe every student should learn where they feel safe and where individual growth is celebrated for every child.
- EVERY child CAN learn, and it is my pursuit to make that learning accessible, despite any challenges a student may face.
Why I Teach at AMS
- AMS provides an enthusiastic environment, in which students can take ownership of their goals with the support of exceptional staff.
Hobbies and Interests
- Spending time with my family
- Going to concerts