Having been an educator at the k-8, high school and college levels, as well as a corporate trainer and consultant working with adults, I am always excited about being in the high school classroom.
My family has lived in many areas of the country over the last 25 years. The states that we have called home include: New York (where I was born and raised), New Jersey, Virginia, Minnesota, South Carolina, Illinois and Arizona. My husband and I raised four children (3 sons and 1 daughter) and a multitude of animals. Our oldest son, his wife, and my daughter graduated from IRHS. Once a Nighthawk, always a Nighthawk.
Core Educational Beliefs
My goal is to help students make sense of what high school provides, build a strong foundation, and above all gain confidence in their own ability to succeed. With an undergraduate degree in theatre and a master's degree in teaching as well as experience in several other industries, I tend to approach my Statistics classes a bit differently than your average mathematician and Drama classes a bit differently than your average theatre teacher. I believe all students have the ability to learn and I strive to help them find the ways they learn best.
- Bachelor of Arts, Theater Arts. State University of New York
- Post Baccalaureate, Elementary Education. Western Governors University
- Master of Arts, Teaching (minor in Secondary Mathematics). Western Governors University
Certification: Arizona & Illinois Certified Educator with endorsements in Mathematics, English, Theater Arts, Library & Media Technology
- Educational Theatre Association (EdTA)
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- National Education Association (NEA)
- Arizona Education Association (AEA)
I love creativity and technology and strive to bring both to all of my classes.