Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Michigan State University Teacher Certification, Michigan State University
Mrs. Ethnee Taylor
Current Positions Held
- 8th Grade Science Teacher
- W.E.B. Coordinator
- N.J.H.S. Sponsor
- Track & Field Head Coach
Why I am Committed to Cross
- Cross Middle School features dedicated people devoted to enriching the lives of our students through quality education, and I love being a part of the culture here!
- Our students are enthusiastic, curious, and kind! By developing student leaders to be the best versions of themselves, we promote a healthy campus and an easier transition into middle school for all our new students.
- Our campus is beautiful; we have mature trees, grassy lawns, and a plethora of different bird species to observe and enjoy! The owls are my favorite!
Defining Moment in my Education
- My very excellent high school Advanced Biology teacher, Mr. Giffin, was so energetic and entertaining, that from 10th grade on, I knew I wanted to become a teacher!
Why I Teach
- I believe every student has an innate interest in science and I teach to continue to foster that inquiry and curiosity in this subject.
- By spreading my enthusiasm and humor, I serve as inspiration for my students so that they can inspire others!
- 6th Grade Science at Western Middle School, NC (5 years)
- 6th, 7th, 8th Grade Gen. & Acc. Science at Amphi Middle School, AZ (6 years)
- 6th, 7th, 8th Grade Science Teacher at Cross Middle School, AZ (3 years)
- Science Department Head at AMS & CMS, AZ (combined; 8 years)
- E.B. Coordinator at Cross Middle School, AZ (2 years)
- J.H.S. Sponsor at Cross Middle School, AZ (2 years)
Hobbies and Interests
- Animal Care, Gardening, Video Games, Shiny Things, Family Fun Time, Crafty Projects, Dungeons & Dragons