My name is Erika Genis and I am one of the Assistant Principals at Coronado K-8. Go cougars!
Defining Moments in My Education
Growing up in a "teaching family" as the granddaughter and niece to three educators, learning and school have always been a part of my life. It was not, however, until I actually became a teacher myself that I truly understood the power of learning. Teaching is the ultimate expression of understanding, and I was honored to be able to share this joy with all of my students!
Core Educational Beliefs
- Every student can learn and it is our responsibility as educators to guide them through this journey.
- All students should feel as though they are a part of the classroom and school community.
- Teachers, parents, and administrators have to work together to help students grow.
- Learning should be engaging and have a real-world connection.
As a former Rio Vista Bulldog and La Cima Cardinal, working for Amphitheater was an easy choice! The "Amphi Way" is one where students are the center of every decision we make, so I am beyond proud to be a part of the Amphi and Coronado family. As one of the Assitant Principals, I have the pleasure of working with students, teachers and support staff. What a dream come true!
- Prince Elementary, 4th grade
- Wilson K-8, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade
- District K-8 Math Coordinator
- Director of Amphi Accelerated Summer School
- Amphitheater Communuity Schools High School Administrator
Mrs. Erika Genis
Degrees & Certifications:
M.Ed. - Educational Leadership - Northern Arizona University
BA - Elementary Education - University of Arizona
K-8 Math Endorsement