Degrees and Certifications:
I have received a Bachelor’s degree in both History & Latin American Studies at the University of Arizona. I have also just recently completed a Master’s degree in Secondary Education also at the University Of Arizona
Mr. Sylvestre Castro
- I've coached high school and middle school football in the Amphi School District over the last 10 years and transitioned into teaching with Amphi Middle School in 2015. I spent my first two years teaching 8th grade Social Studies and the remaining years as one of the Cross-Categorical teachers.
Why I am committed to Amphi
- I am committed to Amphi because it is a school district that values students as individuals - our educators and staff members focus on providing students with a quality education district-wide.
Defining Moment in my Education
- The defining moment in my education was becoming the first person in my family to attend and graduate from a major university. I hold bachelor's degrees in both History and Latin American Studies as well as a masters in Secondary Education.
Why I Teach at AMS
- I teach at Amphi Middle because I love our students. I enjoy seeing the "lightbulb" moments that revolutionize how students retain information on a certain subject. Our students are kind, funny and well-rounded - they always keep us on our toes!
Hobbies and Interests
- I am interested in sports, movies, visiting the outdoors, and anything super hero or Star Wars related.