Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Elementary Education, University of Arizona Arizona K-8 Teaching Certificate SEI Endorsement
What I am committed to providing Holaway Elementary students, families, and staff:
- A positive learning environment.
- A community of learners that are okay with making mistakes.
- Frequent communication with adults (ClassDojo, email, Newsletter, etc.)
- A positive work environment.
- A place where we can laugh, play, and encourage one another.
Three things I am working on this school year are:
- Expanding my classroom library so everyone can see themselves in a book.
- Adding more movement in the classroom with Kagan Structures.
- Pushing all students, even those above grade level, by having small group rotations.
Things I enjoy outside of school are:
I love to go hiking, especially when I visit family in Oregon or Canada! I also enjoy reading mystery fiction and playing DnD. Quality time with loved ones and my pet is a must! I like to get brunch and pedicures with Ms. Quinn over the weekend!
A quote that I live by:
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~ Nelson Mandela
This is my third year teaching at Holaway! I have taught both third and fourth grade.