Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Mathematics, Biola University M.A. Biblical and Theological Studies, Talbot School of Theology
Mr. Josh Tabor
Welcome to Mr. Tabor's class webpage! I graduated from CDO in 1991 and have been teaching AP Statistics at CDO since 2007. Find out more about me by reading the information below. Find class information by clicking on the Course Information, Course Materials, and Web Resources links to the left.
Defining Moment in Education
When I graduated from high school, I knew I was not going to be a teacher. That all changed during my sophomore year in college when a chapel speaker challenged us to consider our talents and how we can make an impact in the world. I switched my major that semester, became a math teacher two years later, and have never regretted my decision for a second.
Core Educational Belief
“Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write.” -- H.G. Wells
Professional Accomplishments and Other Biographical Information
- I am the co-author of three statistics textbooks: The Practice of Statistics for AP Statistics, Statistical Reasoning in Sports for Sports Statistics, and Statistics and Probability with Applications for on-level Statistics.
- In 2011, I was a Top-5 finalist for Arizona Teacher of the Year. Watch my video here.
- I was recently interviewed in the Journal of Statistics Education. Read the interview here to find out how I became a statistics teacher, my thoughts on statistics education, and many other fun things.
- I have been a grader of the AP Statistics exam since 1999, a Table Leader from 2001 to 2006, and a Question Leader from 2007-2019. I also served for 4 years on the AP Statistics Test Development Committee for AP Statistics.
- In 2013, I was named to the SAT Mathematics Development Committee.