October 12th Hybrid Learning Resource Page
Dear Dorado Families,
We have created this page to provide you with information, links and protocols as we prepare for our Hybrid Learning model, starting on Monday, October 12th. We will be updating this page before the end of this week!
You will find the following topics on this page for you to reference:
- Cohort Information
- Cohort and Instructional Bell Schedules
- Entry and Exit Points
- Daily Protocols and Procedures
- Attendance Procedures
- Student IDs
- Water Bottle Filling Stations
- Student Fees & Parking Permits
Cohort Letter, Disclaimer and Waiver:
A letter has been sent out via U.S. Mail to every CDO parent or guardian indicating the Cohort assignment for your student. The general breakdown for cohort assignments are as follows:
- COHORT #1: Last names of A - L (see note below)
- COHORT #2: Last names of M - Z (see note below)
Please note that in order to address alpha splitting issues, as the split in last names was not a perfect split, some students have been moved to opposite cohorts to help balance some class size issues. If your family members were not placed in the same cohort, please contact your student's counselor.
In addition, included in this mailing was the Waiver and Disclaimer document that provides details on guidelines and safety measures the Amphitheater School District has established. This document should be signed and returned for every student. This can be done via email, the front office, or with your student on their first day on campus after Fall Break.
Link to the Waiver and Disclaimer document:
Cohorts, Instructional Bell Schedules and Calendars:
Hybrid Instructional Model
The hybrid instructional model provides a structure that includes creating “cohorts” of students attending, rather than the full student body.
- In Person: Cohorts will attend in-person instruction 2 days per week.
- Remote: Cohorts will remain at home to engage with digital content through platforms such as Google Classroom 2 days per week.
- Wednesdays: Cohorts may attend whole group Zoom sessions, engage in Google Classroom work, or meet with teachers individually, or in student groups.
Hybrid Bell Schedules
Click on the schedule below to download the PDF!
Semester 1 Hybrid Instructional Calendar
The link below will provide you with an updated instructional calendar for Semester 1, based on our Hybrid model.
Entry and Exit Points
1st Period Students: Any student with a 1st period class should not arrive on campus before 6:45 am. The first bell for 1st period rings at 6:58 am, with class starting at 7:05 am each day. Temperatures will be taken either at the classroom or at a designated entry point on campus.
All Other Students: Students who begin their day with 2nd period should not arrive on campus before 8:00 am. The first bell for 2nd period rings at 8:18 am, with class starting at 8:25 am.
As students arrive on campus on their assigned cohort day, they will enter through four designated "Entry" gates. We will have CDO staff at each of these gates to take student temperatures using a thermal scanner, verify students are in compliance with Amphitheater School District's mask requirement, and ensure that every student has their Canyon del Oro Student ID displayed. The four points of entry are seen in the map below:
- "T" Building Gate in "upper" or west parking lot
- "Admin" gate between Library and Bookstore
- "South Gym" gate between Dance room and South Gym
- "E" Building Gate on the bus loop for students who ride the building
CLICK ON THE MAP BELOW FOR A LARGER VIEW:
Daily Protocols and Procedures
All Staff and Students are required to wear a face covering/mask at all times while on campus. Students can remove their masks at lunch time, but must immediately put their mask back on after eating. For more information on the Amphitheater School District's mask requirement, please review the Governing Board Policy Regulation GBGB-R below:
Temperature and Wellness Checks
All students will have their temperatures taken before entering campus at one of the entry points noted below. Any student with a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher will be sent to the Health Office for a further Health Screening to determine if student will be sent home. Any student sent home due to illness must isolate for 10 days, be symptom and fever free upon return, and must have a negative COVID test or medical documentation clearing a return to school.
- All students are encouraged and expected to wash their hands before eating lunch.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will also be available in the lunch room.
- Student seating will be limited to only two students per table, with a divider.
- Outside seating will also be available for students as well. All tables and benches have a limit of two people.
- Off campus permits for lunch will be allowed, however, vehicles may only have two students per vehicle and the driver and passenger must be masked in the vehicle. In addition, students who go off campus for lunch are not permitted to go to "dine in" establishments. They must only go to "drive through" places and must not exit their vehicles during lunch to reduce potential exposures.
Campus "Flow", Entry and Exit Points & Maps
We have created a campus map to demonstrate the "flow" of traffic for staff and students. Generally speaking, we will be implementing the following protocols to minimize social gatherings before school, during passing periods, and after school.
- Most buildings will have only one entrance point, and one exit point. Most buildings will be ENTERING FROM THE EAST, AND EXITING ON THE WEST.
- Some buildings have specific entrance and exit points identified to assist with the flow of traffic, as seen below.
- Breezeways and sidewalks with have two walkways identified to support the flow of traffic, in addition to directional arrows.
We will be taking attendance every period, every day. Student attendance will be marked as follows:
- Assigned Cohort Days: attendance taken in person
- Off Cohort Days: attendance taken by Google Classroom participation and/or other means of engagement/communication with teachers.
- Wednesdays: attendance taken through participation in Zoom sessions or Google Classroom work.
Any questions about how attendance was marked in a specific class should be directed to the teacher via email.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CALL THE ABSENCE LINE (696-5570) TO REPORT ANY ABSENCES FROM LEARNING DUE TO APPOINTMENTS, ILLNESS, ETC.
Every CDO student must wear their Student ID on a lanyard on their person, visible for any staff member to see. Student IDs will be distributed during 3rd hour on both October 12th and 13th.
Water Bottle Filling Stations
Water fountains have been turn off but students will have access to water bottel filling stations throughout campus that will permit students to fill their water bottles throughout the day. We are asking all students to bring their own water bottles every day.
Student Fees have been activated and parents can use the InTouch Fee System to determine which fees need to be paid for their students. You can access InTouch Student Fee system using the link below: