Return to Headlines
TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2019
PERIODS: 1, TUTORIAL, 2, 3, 4, 6
MARCH 18 – 22, SPRING BREAK
- HEY DORADOS, as spring approaches clean out your house and help the Be Kind Club here at CDO make an impact by bringing in pop tabs to support families staying at the Ronald McDonald house! For the whole month of March the Be Kind Club is collecting pop tabs alongside the Ronald McDonald House! It’s simple, just remember to take off the top of your soda and bring them to your second period! Thanks guys!
- STUDENTS, Library overdue notices are being delivered in homeroom this week. If you have an overdue book it needs to be returned or renewed to avoid a fine. Ask a librarian if you have any questions.
- IN CELEBRATION OF POETRY, the Library will be hosting a poem reading this Friday during both lunches. If you are interested in reading a poem original or a favorite by another, please bring it for approval sometime this week. Library patio will be closed to all except for Poets and audience on Friday. Thank you!!!! Poetry on!!!!!
- AP STUDENTS: Exams are $90.00 through this Friday. Get your payment into the bookstore ASAP. After spring break the price is $95.00 per exam!
- PROM-O-RAMA IS COMING! Prom-O-Rama is your one-stop shop for prom! Browse racks of over 1,500 gorgeous new and pre-owned gowns from Cinderella’s Closet and take one home for free. Complete your look with shoes and accessories for free from Goodwill’s Good Threads Boutique. Check out the latest trends in prom wear, make-up, accessories, and more. March 30, from 9:00-3:00 at the Tucson JCC (3800 E River Road).
- ATTENTION STUDENTS! Are you interested in attending the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Conference. This year’s conference encourages students to stay in school, to set their goals and to realize that the key to success is through education. In addition, the conference is an effort to expose high school students to life on a college campus. The 30th annual Youth Leadership Conference will be held at Pima Community College - West Campus on March 29th. There are only 18 seats available, sign up in the Counseling Office ASAP!
- A CURRENT SENIOR at the U.S. Military Academy at WestPoint, and Tucson native, will be available to meet with interested students the Monday of Spring Break. She will meet students at Starbucks at 1st and Oracle at 2:30 p.m., on Monday, March 18. Please take advantage of this opportunity if you are considering applying to a military academy.
- PIMA BOUND SENIORS, our Pima representative will be here to visit with students TODAY at 10:30 a.m. Mr. Ferrell will discuss Pima admissions, financial aid, advising and so much more!
- A REPRESENTATIVE from New Mexico State University will be here this Friday at 9:00 a.m., to meet with interested students. NMSU, located in Las Cruces, offers Arizona residents in-state tuition….that can make it less expensive to attend NMSU than our own in-state universities! Please sign up for this visit on the Counseling webpage.