Frances Owen Holaway is a K-5 Elementary School on the corner of Cherry and Prince in central Tucson. It is conveniently located and perfect for families choosing to open enroll their children. Our school not only offers an exceptional educational experience but also a true sense of community. We believe our purpose is to educate the “whole child” which is evident from our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Holaway Elementary School Community is to provide an exemplary education in a safe, caring environment that inspires academic success through readiness responsibility, respect, and resilience.
Our beautiful campus is a place where students, staff and parents feel safe and secure. Holaway has recently completed a bond project that included renovations to the existing technology infrastructure, remodeling the cafeteria/kitchen, and a brand new building that includes several classrooms, Art Room, Computer Lab, and Music Room.
Holaway proudly serves a diverse population of approximately 370 students. More than 75 dedicated and caring staff members provide a rigorous and relevant learning experience to our responsible, capable students
- Maximize opportunities to learn and time on task.
- Utilize multiple measures to assess student learning.
- Provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Promote and provide opportunities and choices in professional development to ensure student learning.
- Utilize best practices in education to drive curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Create and maintain a safe, orderly, and positive environment for all students, staff, and visitors.
- Believe that high expectations can and will be achieved.
- Instill an attitude of lifelong learning and a resilient approach to problem solving.
- Expect polite and respectful interactions among members of the school community.
School – Home- Community Relations:
- Create and maintain a strong relationship between school, home and community that strengthens student achievement.
- Develop and sustain leaders who are trustworthy, supportive and responsive.