Thank you for inquiring about enrollment in Amphitheater Public Schools. Our schools offer top-notch academics in a caring and supportive environment where every learner is encouraged to excel and achieve. We look forward to helping you navigate school choices and to welcoming you to the Amphi Family.
Open Enrollment is a process that enables families to choose schools outside of their neighborhoods and outside of their assigned school districts. At Amphitheater, we welcome all families to apply to enroll in our schools, and we believe we are the best district to educate your children.
To apply for Open Enrollment at any school, please compete this online form. If your child wishes to attend their neighborhood school, you do not need to fill out this form. Contact the school for information about registration.
What sets us apart
As a public school district, we provide a wide range of learning opportunities at every grade level, including curriculum with a focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), opportunities to accelerate learning, International Baccalaureate programs, college and career classes, athletics and a wide variety of other extracurricular activities.
Vision for our graduates
The district has a clearly defined vision for the qualities every graduate should attain by the time they walk across the stage and receive their diplomas. The areas of emphasis that make up our Portrait of a Graduate are academic-content, critical-thinking, communication, creative-thinking, citizenship, caring, collaboration, and problem-solving. The work toward these goals begins when a child enters our schools.
Highly qualified teachers in a community that cares
Amphitheater Public Schools has a team of highly qualified teachers with fresh ideas, experience, and a commitment to your children. And it doesn't stop there. As you get to know Amphi, you will find a community that is proud and honored to be trusted to educate Tucson's children.
Want to know more?
If you would like to tour schools or get more information, please contact us at 520-696-5168. We will do our best to help you as you navigate your children's educational experiences.
Now for some Open Enrollment rules and guidelines:
The following is intended to provide you with basic information regarding Amphitheater’s Open Enrollment policy. You may read the entire Governing Board Policy JFB for more complete information.
Open Enrollment permits students who live:
Within the Amphitheater District to:
- go to a different district school outside their home attendance boundaries
Outside the Amphitheater District to:
- go to a school in the District
Open Enrollment Applications
- The online Open Enrollment Application form is available here. If you need help filling out the application, please don't hesitate to contact your school(s) of choice. We are here to help!
- Please be sure you select the correct year on the form to avoid delays.
- Distrito Escolar Amphitheater Solicitud de inscripción Abierta en Español;
- Open Enrollment Application forms also may be obtained at the school of choice.
- Amhpi will notify you with an enrollment decision in writing no later than February 1.
- If your student’s application is approved, the school will contact you regarding the registration process.
- If your student’s application is wait-listed because there is no capacity for additional school enrollment, the date of additional capacity review will be given.
- If we are not able to approve your application, the reason will be provided.
A few notes about Open Enrollment
- In most cases, families must provide their own transportation, though some exceptions apply. Please contact your school of choice or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions. We will do our best to provide you with information.
- If any information you supplied on the application, such as address or phone number, please let us know ASAP.
- Students who are suspended or were expelled by any other Arizona school district may not be accepted.
- Students with outstanding disciplinary conditions placed upon them by another school, district or court may not me accepted.
- Students must meet Arizona minimum age requirements for school attendance. Students must be five (5) years of age by September 1 for Kindergarten. Students must be six (6) years of age by September 1 to enter first grade.