Thank you for inquiring about open enrollment in Amphitheater Public Schools. Our schools offer top-notch academics in a caring and supportive environment where every learner is encouraged to excel and achieve. We look forward to helping you navigate school choices and to welcoming you to the Amphi Family.
Open Enrollment is a process that enables families to choose schools outside of their neighborhoods and outside of their assigned school districts. At Amphitheater, we welcome all families to apply to enroll in our schools, and we believe we are the best district to educate your children.
What sets us apart ...
As a public school district, we provide a wide range of learning opportunities at every grade level, including curriculum with a focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), opportunities to accelerate learning, International Baccalaureate programs, college and career classes, athletics and a wide variety of other extracurricular activities.
In addition ...
The district has a clearly defined vision for the qualities every graduate should attain by the time they walk across the stage and receive their diplomas. The areas of emphasis that make up our Portrait of a Graduate are academic-content, critical-thinking, communication, creative-thinking, citizenship, caring, collaboration, and problem-solving. The work toward these goals begins when a child enters our schools.
Amphitheater Public Schools has a team of highly qualified teachers with fresh ideas, experience, and a commitment to your children. And it doesn't stop there. As you get to know Amphi, you will find a community that is proud and honored to be trusted to educate Tucson's children.
Want to know more?
If you would like to tour schools or get more information, please contact us at 520-696-5168. We will do our best to help you as you navigate your children's educational experiences.
Now for some Open Enrollment rules and guidelines:
The following is intended to provide you with basic information regarding Amphitheater’s Open Enrollment policy. You may read the entire Governing Board Policy JFB for more complete information.
Open Enrollment permits students who live:
Within the Amphitheater District to:
- go to a different district school outside their home attendance boundaries
Outside the Amphitheater District to:
- go to a school in the District
Open Enrollment Applications
For the current school year:
- Open Enrollment Application forms are available at your school of choice.
- Open Enrollment Application forms should be clearly marked "current year" to avoid delays;
- Please note that Open Enrollment Applications for the current school year will not be approved after February 1 of the current year.
For next school year:
- Forms will be available by December 1 of the year preceding the school year in which open enrollment is sought.
- Open Enrollment Application forms may be obtained online HERE;
- Distrito Escolar Amphitheater Solicitud de inscripción Abierta en Español;
- Open Enrollment Application forms also may be obtained at the school of choice;
- Open Enrollment Applications should be submitted to the school of choice no later than January 15. Those received after this date will be considered late applications.
- Submitted after January 15;
- Handled on a first-come, first-served basis after timely submittals are enrolled or rejected;
- May be approved for schools that still have capacity.
- To be provided in writing no later than February 1.
- If your student’s application is approved, the school will contact you regarding the registration process;
- If your student’s application is wait-listed because there is no capacity for additional school enrollment, the date of additional capacity review will be given.
- If rejected, the reason for the rejection shall be provided.
An eligible Open Enrollment student:
- Will agree to provide their own transportation (some exceptions apply);
- Will not be currently suspended or expelled by any other Arizona school district;
- Will not have any outstanding disciplinary conditions placed upon him/her by another school, district or court.
- Incomplete or inaccurate applications unfortunately cannot be processed.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/legal custodian to notify the school of any changes in the application, such as address or phone number;
- Students must meet Arizona minimum age requirements for school attendance. Students must be five (5) years of age by September 1 for Kindergarten;
Applications that request early admission to Kindergarten will not be considered.
- Students must be six (6) years of age by September 1 to enter first grade.