What is Site Council?
The Copper Creek Elementary School's Site Council is a representative body of people who come together to:
- Develop and foster programs and policies designed to increase student achievement and the quality of instruction by involving the diverse Copper Creek community;
- To encourage a community-wide dedication to lifelong learning;
- To involve the entire community in decision-making;
- To promote a safe, positive, and productive learning and working environment.
The Site Council shall make decisions for the site that pertain to school-wide issues that include but are not limited to:
- Discretionary Site Budget;
- Use of non-designated tax credit funds;
- The school improvement plan.
The Site Council will be composed of the principal, parents (including the PTO president), teachers, support staff member and a community representative.