Introduction to your class:
In our class, we teach all general academic subjects. Students also get to go to music, P.E., art, computer lab, and library each week. Our end of the year student goals are:
- Know all uppercase/lowercase letter names and sounds
- Blend and segment short and long vowel words
- Master 220 sight words
- Read DRA Level 20
- Identify numbers 0-120
- Add/subtract math facts to 20
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Show respect and use only kind words. No put downs or teasing.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Listen and stay focused on the speaker.
- Respect all property including equipment, materials, and personal things.
Helpful hints and reminders:
- Homework will be due every Friday: please work on it nightly to set consistent routines for your child.
- In addition to homework, please read with your child 20 minutes per night.
- Please be on time for school every day!