There are many opportunities for Canyon del Oro students to excel, achieve academic excellence, and to be recognized for their achievements. Please review these opportunities below, including information regarding Seals of Excellence for each Department at CDO.
The following CDO Awards & Accomplishments include an invitation to Senior Scholars Night
- CDO Scholar with Distinction: Students who have taken at least 12 weighted classes and have an overall weighted GPA of 4.0 or higher
- CDO Scholar: Students who have taken at least 12 weighted classes and have an overall weighted GPA of 3.50-3.99
- Top 10%: Based on students' overall weighted GPA
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Candidates click HERE for more information about the IB program
- Seal of Biliteracy | Arizona Department of Education - Click HERE for more information about this award
- Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency - Click HERE for more information about this award
- Honors Capstone Award
Additional Awards & Accomplishments
- CDO Department Seals of Excellence (Different from AZ State Seals of Excellence - see below for more information - certificates are delivered to students at graduation practices)
- National Honor Society requires a student to have a 3.6 GPA and be a student in good standing. David Alzner and Kerry Ettenger are the sponsors for our chapter of NHS. Letters of invitation are sent to Juniors in the fall.
- CDO Honor Roll
CDO Honor Roll Principals Honor Roll: 3.5 GPA or Higher
Green and Gold Honor Roll: 3-3.45 GPA
Students in grades 9-11 must be registered in 6 classes minimum
Students in grade 12 must be enrolled in 5 classes minimum
- Academic Letter: Students are eligible for an Academic Letter during the fall and spring semesters of their junior year and their senior year. Students must have an overall weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher, a weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher in the semester for which the letter is awarded, and have taken at least two "scholars classes." See Karri Johnson in the principal's office for an application.
The Seals of Excellence are available to Seniors for each department at CDO and provide an opportunity for all students to apply who meet the criteria listed below.
Click on the department below to apply for a Seal of Excellence. The deadline for this application is April 29th:
Seal of Excellence in Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Seal of Excellence in English Language Arts
Seal of Excellence in Modern Languages
Seal of Excellence in Physical Education