• Your child may be eligible for AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System) which is the Arizona version of Medicaid. To determine eligiblity, apply through DES Medical Assistance at 1-800-352-8401. There is documentation you will need available in order to apply such as income, child citizenshp status, child social security numbers and proof of residency. If you are found eligible, you will be assigned to a health insurance plan and to a Primary Care Physician who will assist you in managing your child's medical needs. AHCCCS must be renewed annually so watch the mail for the renewal letter in order to maintain your child's health care coveerage.


    If your child is not AHCCCS eligible, you may to apply for care through El Rio Health Center (624-7750) or Marana Health Center (682-4441). Both of these facilities have multiple locations and are able to help with application to AHCCCS, have sliding fee scales available and also work with the Pima County Access Program which offers discounted medical services to uninsured families.


    Pima County Access Program provides access to professional health care at discounted prices. They can be reached at 694-0418 or at the webiste link below:

    Schedule your own appointment at www.mypcap.org/connector

    Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/uninsuredinaz



    I am also availalbe to discuss the unique needs of your student if you need help in managing health care needs. Please call me directly at 696-5371.