The AVID Student Criteria
Students should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Average to high standardized test scores
- 2.0 - 3.5 GPA
- College potential with support
- They will be the first generation in their family to attend college
- Historically “least served” in 4-year colleges/universities
- Low income
- Special circumstances
The AVID Student Profile
Students who have the desire and determination to attend college and…
- are self motivated.
- have college potential with support.
- study every night.
- have good work habits.
- can work with others.
- attend school regularly.
- have good classroom behavior.
- are willing to take harder classes.
- care about their community.