Welcome to First Grade! I am so happy to have your child in my class this year. Together we can make your child’s year of school fun, exciting, challenging and most of all enjoyable.
Much like Kindergarten, this year’s experiences will continue influence their attitudes about their desire to learn, work habits, social attitudes and skills, self control, academic abilities and skills, and physical development. As their teacher, I will strive for your child’s school related experiences to be as positive as possible. In carrying out this responsibility, my professional preparation and experience in the primary grades should serve me well.
If your child has any special problems that I should be aware of, please let me know. The more I know about your child, the better I can understand them and meet their needs in the classroom.
- We take care of others
- We take care of ourselves
- We take care of our things
- When I see a student following one of our class rules, I will reward them with a Coyote Coupon. Every week, I submit a slip to the office for Mr. G to read on the announcements.
- I will send home important announcements in your child's take home folder. Please check it and address all requests in a timely manner.
- If there is a change in afternoon transportation for your child, I must be notified by email or written note.
Helpful Hints and Reminders
- Scholastic Book Orders: I will send home optional book order forms on a monthly basis. The book clubs carry quality children’s literature. If you order books and wish to pay by check, please make the checks out to the book company. You will also be able to order online with our class code HYGV8. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
Toys: Although students will want to bring toys to school, I have found many problems and conflicts can be avoided if personal toys are left at home. We would appreciate your help with this. However, there is an exception to this request. When your child is Star of the Week, they will be asked to bring in special items.
- Birthdays: We love recognizing each child’s special day!!! If you wish to send in a treat such as cupcakes or cookies (store-bought only please), just let me know, and we will be sure to set aside a good time to celebrate!