Loan periods: As many as five books at one time may be checked out for three weeks, back issues of magazines and some computer programs may be checked out for one week, reference materials may be checked out overnight, and audiovisual materials may only be checked out by teachers. Students may use audiovisual materials in the library.
Renewals: It is possible to renew any checked out item provided no one else has requested that item.
Fines: Everyone benefits from the prompt return of library materials; the materials are then made available to other borrowers and no fine is levied. We do not issue fines except for the following: All overdue materials returned after the final due date of each quarter will be subject to a $1.00 fine.
Lost or damaged books: There is a replacement cost charged for all materials that are lost, damaged, or not returned by the end of the year.
In the library:
- Be respectful of others and keep conversation levels low.
- Students must have a pass from their teacher to enter the library during class time.
- Free period students must scan their IDs at the front desk.
- If you have something to eat, go to the Patio! No food is allowed in the library.
- Use computers for school purposes only.
- Be aware of how much you are printing. If you need to print more than 10 pages check with a librarian.
- Use headphones when listening to music or watching videos on personal devices.
Purchase requests: Any patron can request that the library purchase a book or subscribe to a magazine. Chances are good that the library will fill the request if funds are available and if the publication is likely to appeal to others besides the requester. Request forms may be picked up at the circulation desk.