National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society was established in 1929 as an organization to recognize and encourage academic achievement while also developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. After more than 85 years, there are over 5,000 NJHS chapters in all parts of the U.S. and 75 countries overseas with an estimated one million members. Wilson has had a chapter since 1997.
TheNational Junior Honor Society is more than just an honor roll. Membership is not automatically given because a student has good grades. There are five cardinal principles that form the framework of the National Junior Honor Society: Scholarship, Service, Leadership,Citizenship, and Character.
Being a member of NJHS requires a commitment from each inducted member. In order to continue as a member of NJHS...
* You will need to complete 20 hours of community service by May 1st.
* You need to attend our monthly meetings during the school year.
* You need to pay your $10 NJHS Dues
* You need to participate in our "service project"
* You must maintain a cumulative GPA of atleast 3.7.
NJHS Service Record Form ( I also have this form in my classroom for students to pick up as needed.