Amphitheater Public Schools students demonstrate creative thinking by:
- Using a wide range of techniques to generate and develop ideas.
- Demonstrating flexibility, fluency, originality, and elaboration with the courage to explore new and worthwhile ideas.
- Elaborating, refining, analyzing, and evaluating their ideas in order to improve and maximize creative efforts.
- Demonstrating inventiveness in work and understanding the real-world limits to adopting ideas.
- Viewing failure as an opportunity to learn; understanding that creativity and innovation is a cyclical process of small successes and frequent mistakes.
- Acting on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the field in which the innovation will occur.