Advisory Committee Purpose and Charge
* To research existing high school start/end times and the amount of instructional time at each high school
* To examine and understand current practices and the impact of any change upon the following areas:
1. State law requirements regarding instructional minutes, content, etc.
2. Financial requirements
3. Current District class schedules
4. Student achievement data
5. Food Service program issues
6. Transportation route schedules
7. Staff contract time, duties and limitations
8. Staffing requirements and budget implications
9. Specialized program needs such as:
a. Special Needs
b. International Baccalaureate®
c. Cambridge Academy®
d. Advanced Placement (AP)
e. Career and Technical Education (CTE)
f. Extracurricular program schedules and needs
Advisory Committee Procedures
* To survey staff and teachers in the high schools regarding any proposed change
* To survey parents of high school students regarding key issues
* In the event of a recommended change in high school start time that could have an impact for transportation, survey the parents of elementary and middle school students
* To contact appropriate staff when needed for specific information, including the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Human Resources, Legal, Student Services and Operational Support
Advisory Committee Timeline
* A report and recommendation is due to the Superintendent and Governing Board by November 1, 2016.
If you have any questions please contact the Governing Board Office, Karen Gardiner, at 696-5158.
Policy Notification Statement
It is the policy of Amphitheater Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, political affiliation, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by federal and state laws. The district abides by federal and state laws regarding people with disabilities. If you have a special need, reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Inquiries regarding compliance with any of the above may be directed to the District's Equal Opportunity Specialist, 701 W. Wetmore Road, Tucson, AZ 85705, (520) 696-5164. Or, the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Denver Office, Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582. Telephone: 303-844-5695, FAX: 303-844-4303; TDD: 800-877-8339, Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov.