Amphitheater Education Association (Amphi EA)
The Amphitheater Education Association is a local affiliate of the Arizona Education Association (AEA) and the National Education Association (NEA). We are a group of committed educators (teachers and education support professionals ~ ESPs) who believe public education is essential to a free society. Relationships are a core value because, through unity and collaboration, we will all have a brighter future.
- Every personal story is valid and powerful.
- All educators deserve respect and to be treated as professionals.
- Every district employee has an impact on a child’s education.
- Every student should be provided the opportunity to find success.
- Students benefit from a supportive community.
Reasons to join Amphi EA:
- Power of our collective voice – the more of us there are, the louder and stronger we can be.
- Professional Organization – we offer training and PD opportunities to grow as an educator.
- Protection and Support – members have back-up and support systems should they need assistance.
Amphi EA Actions:
- Negotiated equitable policy updates and compensation for employees.
- Providing advocacy at sites to support employees and reach reasonable resolutions.
- Training educators in leadership roles.
AEA Regional Office A
6873 N Oracle Rd
Tucson, Arizona 85704
Arizona Education Association (AEA) Core values:
- Quality Public Education for All: Every child is entitled to a free, quality, public education. Rich or poor, black or white, gifted or disabled-all our children deserve the chance to grow, to learn, and to reach their potential.
- Fairness, Equity, and Respect for All: We believe that every person is entitled to be treated fairly and with respect. Students and school employees should be honored for their differences in culture, history, language, religion, physical condition, ethnicity, and learning styles. These differences enrich our society.
- Teaching as an Esteemed Profession: Because of the power of teaching and its value to the future, to our society and to our children, we work to enhance the esteem with which teaching is held by society.
- Education Support Professionals as Valued Partners: We believe every Education Support Professional (ESP) is an integral partner in all areas of the learning process and is valued within public education.
- Learning as a Community Commitment: Schools are part of communities. They reflect communities and can change them for the better. Communities and schools must join hands to ensure that each continue to learn, grow, and progress.