Amphitheater Public Schools Covid Cases
The purpose of this dashboard is to provide our Amphi families and staff with a transparent summary of active District COVID-19 cases.
How does the dashboard work?
- If a person who tests positive was on campus during their contagious period as defined by health officials, principals will notify their campus communities of the case. The dashboard is updated at the end of the day, after the communication has been sent.
- If a person who tests positive was not on campus during their contagious period, principals will not send a notification and the information will not be included on the dashboard.
- On occasion, a health provider will classify individuals as "presumed" positive. This can happen when members of a household test positive and others exhibit symptoms. Some medical providers have declined to test the symptomatic household members and declare them presumed positive. Those cases are included on the dashboard and are marked presumed.
When is the dashboard updated?
- The dashboard is updated daily (or more often when possible) Monday through Friday after a school community has been notified. Typically, updates will occur at the end of the day.
When are cases removed from the dashboard?
- Individuals who test positive are excluded from participation in any in-person/on-campus activity until the campus nurse verifies that the individual meets the return criteria set by state and local health authorities. Once the person is cleared to return, they are no longer considered an active case, and their case is removed from the dashboard.
Can you include more information?
- In order to protect privacy, the District will not share names or identifying information about individuals. We do provide that information to the Pima County Health Department, and we work with them to identify and notify close contacts. In all cases, the District follows the direction of the Pima County Health Department.
Approximate Number of Amphi Employees
Active cases in Employees
Equates to 0.56% of Employees
Approximate Number of Amphi Students
Active cases in Students
Equates to 0.29% of the Student Population
Updated 12/1/2021, 5:10 p.m.