Review of Federal COVID Relief Funding
Below is a summary of how much money the Amphitheater School District has received from the ESSER 1, II and III grants and how the funds have or will be spent. Please note that District conducted a survey of families, staff and the community for input on how dollars should be allocated. Results of the survey were presented at the Oct. 26 Governing Board meeting.
Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER I) Fund $3,173,678
Funds will remain available through September 30, 2022.
- $2,711,363 Salary and Benefits: The salary and benefits for twenty-four teachers were provided by these funds. Additional hours for Counseling, Technology, Health and Custodial staff.
- $94,372 Bottle filling stations: The funds purchased 35 single level stations and 26 double level stations.
- $367.943 Purchase Service and Supplies: The funds purchased 1,600 Webcams, Waterford and Pearson online programs, liability insurance, Zoom licenses and professional development.
Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER II) Fund $13,002,600
Funds will remain available for obligation through September 30, 2022
- $8,506,000 Salary and Benefits: These funds will be used for retention stipends in Fiscal Years 2022 & 2023. Twenty-three Intervention Teachers have been hired for the current fiscal year.
- $2,700,000 Chromebooks: Approximately 8,000 Chromebooks will be purchased.
- $1,400,000 Air Conditioning Upgrades: Upgrades to air conditioning system upgrades to increase fresh air intake.
- $320,000 Bottle filling stations with installation: Additional bottle filling stations are being purchased and installed at all sites.
Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER III) Fund $29,093,690
These funds have different requirements than the other two funds. Details are available on the Governing Board page. Funds will remain available for obligation through September 30, 2023. The approximate budgets are listed below:
- $8,582,495 Salary and Benefits: These funds will be used for retention stipends in Fiscal Year 2024. Twenty-three Intervention Teachers are budgeted fiscal year 2023 and 2024. Summer School and Project Rise for Summer 2022 & 2023. Afterschool tutoring for fiscal years 2022 & 2023. Additional hours/wages for Technology and Health staff in fiscal year 2022, 2023 & 2024
- $5,624,000 Air Conditioning Upgrades: Upgrades to air conditioning systems to increase fresh air intake.
- $4,000,000 Construction of an LTE network for students to access technology from home Estimated to serve 1,200 students annually for approximately 12 years. Contract to include all support for the first five years.
- $5,559,466 Interactive Technology: The purchase of 300 85” display monitors and 220 85” Interactive displays, approximately 2,000 Chromebooks, 500 iPads, 500 document cameras, Zoom licensing and 500 AirTame devices to improve interaction between students and their classroom instructors.
- $2,042,939 Furniture: Replacing multiple student desks with furniture that supports social distancing.
- $1,200,000 Supplies: Personal Protection Equipment and Supplies estimated at $400,000 per year for 3 years.
- $800,000 Internship Center – Amphi High: Construction of an Internship Center at Amphi High School.
- $667,000 Chromebooks Storage and Charging Carts: The District anticipates the purchase of 500 Chromebook Storage carts.
- $600,000 Professional Development: Professional development the next three summers that addresses disrupted learning using evidence-based academic, social and emotional learning strategies for vulnerable populations of students.