Eligibility & Dependent Certification
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Eligibility:
For Employees Hired/Rehired or becoming benefits eligible after July 1, 2012:
- Certified employees holding a 75% or greater contract
- Classified employees who work 30 or more hours per week
For all benefit eligible employees:
- Dependent coverage is available for Spouse and Children up to age 26 – ASBAIT Medical/Dental, EDS Dental, and Vision.
- If you plan to cover a dependent please review the Dependent Eligibility and submit the necessary documentation as outlined in the “Certification of Dependent Eligibility” document.
- A Certification of Dependent Eligibility must be completed for any dependents being added to medical, dental or vision.
- Insurance coverage begins the first of the month following active employment
- For changes during Open Enrollment, coverage begins on July 1st
- For birth/adoption, coverage begins on the birth/adoption date
- For changes due to a Qualifying Event, coverage begins on the first of the month following receipt of required documentation for the event, if the change is made within 31 days of the event
- Contact the Benefits Department for making changes due to a Qualifying Event/Life Event (marriage, divorce, birth, death, spouse’s employment change, spouse’s benefits open enrollment, etc.)
- Academic year employees who finish the school year, benefits conclude on June 30th
- Last day of the month in which termination occurs
- Last day of the month in which a dependent is no longer eligible