Medical insurance is provided through ASBAIT (Arizona School Boards Association Insurance Trust). ASBAIT medical plans are self-funded, using the Banner/Aetna provider network for medical and CVS Caremark network for prescription drugs. Claims are paid by Meritain. For SY 2022-2023 you have the option of 3 medical plans:
- Value Gold Banner – Mid-level cost per-pay-period plan with a mid-range deductible and mid-range co-pays
- Value Silver Banner - Lower cost-per-pay-period plan with a mid-range deductible and highest co-pays
- HDHP $1,500 /$3,000 Plan – Lowest cost per-pay-period plan with a high deductible and mid-range co-pays. The HDHP plans comes with a pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA). The District contributes $15.64 per benefit pay period to employee's HSA. Go to the “Health Savings Account” section under the “Benefits” drop down section of the left toolbar for more information
It is up to you to determine which plan is the best fit for yourself and/or your family.
Medical Plans SY 2022-2023 Insurance Rate Sheet 2022-2023
Value Gold Banner
- Value Gold Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2022-2023
- Value Gold Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2022-2023
Value Silver Banner
- Value Silver Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2022-2023
- Value Silver Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2022-2023
HDHP $1,500/$3,000 with Health Savings Account*
- HDHP $1500/3000 Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2022-2023
- HDHP $1500/3000 Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2022-2023
*If you are approaching Medicare eligibility, we recommend reaching out to the Pima Council on Aging (PCOA) or Medicare to learn more about the interactions between high deductible healthcare plans, health savings accounts, and Medicare.
Preventative Care Services
Some preventive care services are covered at 100% by all three plans. View additional details here.
Employees enrolled in a District Medical plan have FREE access to use Teladoc from the comfort of your home. This is a District-Paid benefit that provides phone or online access to a doctor 24/7/365.
To use Teladoc, you can reach a U.S Board-certified doctor on the Teladoc app or you can call at: 1-800-835-2362
NOTE: You do not need your medical ID to access your Teladoc benefits. When calling, please provide your name and inform them that you are an employee with Amphitheater Public Schools. If they have trouble accessing your Teladoc account, please reach out to the Benefits office for assistance.