Medical insurance is provided through ASBAIT (Arizona School Boards Association Insurance Trust). ASBAIT medical plans are self-funded, using the Banner/Aetna provider network for medical and CVS Caremark network for prescription drugs. Claims are paid by Meritain. For SY 2021-2022 you have the option of 3 medical plans:
- Value Gold Banner – Mid-level cost per-pay-period plan with a mid-range deductible and mid-range co-pays
- Value Silver Banner - Lower cost-per-pay-period plan with a mid-range deductible and highest co-pays
- HDHP $1,500 Plan – Lowest cost per-pay-period plan with a high deductible and mid-range co-pays. THe HDHP plans comes with a pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA). The District contributes $13.24 per benefit pay period to employee's HSA. Go to the “Health Savings Account” section under the “Benefits” drop down section of the left toolbar for more information
It is up to you to determine which plan is the best fit for yourself and/or your family.
Medical Plans SY 2021-2022 Insurance Rate Sheet SY 2021-2022
Value Gold Banner
- Value Gold Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2021-2022
- Value Gold Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2021-2022
Value Silver Banner
- Value Silver Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2021-2022
- Value Silver Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2021-2022
HDHP $1,500 w/Health Savings Account
- HDHP $1500 Banner Schedule of Benefits SY 2021-2022
- HDHP $1500 Banner Summary of Benefits and Coverage SY 2021-2022
Employees enrolled in a District Medical plan have FREE access to use Teladoc from the comfort of your home. This is a District-Paid benefit that provides phone or online access to a doctor 24/7/365.
To use Teladoc, you can reach a U.S Board-certified doctor on the Teladoc app or you can call at: 1-800-835-2362
NOTE: You do not need your medical ID to access your Teladoc benefits. When calling, please provide your name and inform them that you are an employee with Amphitheater Public Schools. If they have trouble accessing your Teladoc account, please reach out to the Benefits office for assistance.