If you are planning to separate from Amphi, we are sorry to see you go! However, we know people’s lives change and we want to provide you with information you need. First, you must notify the District of your intent in writing. Please give your notice to your Administrator/Supervisor as soon as possible. You must indicate if you are resigning or retiring and when your last day of work will be.
- Be sure to turn in all equipment, keys, and ID badge to your local Admin Assistant or Principal by your last day of work.
- If you move, be sure to provide us (and ASRS) with your new address.
- Insurance coverage ends at the end of the month in which you separate (for separations in June through May). If you are an academic year employee and finish the standard year that concludes in May, your coverage will not end until June 30th.
- If you have district medical, dental, or vision insurance, a COBRA notice will be mailed to your home address. Meritain is our COBRA vendor. COBRA gives you the option to continue any current medical, dental, or vision insurance you had in place when employment ended.
- You can request a quote to continue your life insurance by calling Securian Financial at 1-800-392-7295. This is time-sensitive. You only have 31 days from your separation date to reach out to Securian if you want to continue life insurance. Securian created a chart to assist in your decision-making.
- If you are planning to withdraw, or rollover, your TSA account(s), be advised that TSA (not Amphi) must sign off on your transaction. Contact TSA at 1-888-796-3786 with any questions.
Congratulations on your decision to retire! Be sure to contact ASRS at least 2-3 months ahead of time with any questions. You can view valuable information about the process at https://www.azasrs.gov/content/member-education. If you would like to meet with an ASRS representative, you must make an appointment by calling (520) 239-3100.
As you may know, Amphi offers a Phased Retirement Program. In this program, you can retire with ASRS, and then potentially return to work in your same position, but as a leased employee. For more information, please contact Mr. John Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-696-5111.
Use this Amphi Retirement Checklist as a guideline to remind you of tasks to complete prior to retirement.
Retirees on COBRA, who are eligible for a subsidy (as determined by ASRS), should consider completing the ASRS Premium Benefit Authorization Form and returning it to Benefits.
If you are on a High Deductible Healthcare Plan and approaching Medicare eligibility, we recommend reaching out to the Pima Council on Aging (PCOA) or Medicare to learn more about the interactions between high deductible healthcare plans, health savings accounts, and Medicare.
We sincerely wish you the best of luck in your new endeavors! We welcome you to re-apply at Amphi should your circumstances change again, simply go to our webpage https://www.amphi.com/ and click on Employment.