To be eligible to receive services from the NAEP office, students must meet the following criteria for each program:
Johnson O'Malley Program
- Native American or at least ¼ or more degree of Indian blood and recognized by the Secretary of the Interior, and
- Student, age 3 through Grade 12, who is enrolled within the Amphitheater Public Schools.
Title VI Program
- Enrolled member of an Indian tribe or band, as membership is defined by the Indian tribe or band, including any tribe or band terminated since 1940, and any tribe or band recognized by the State in which the tribe or band resides, or
- Descendant of a parent or grandparent who meets the requirements described above, or
- Considered by the Secretary of the Interior to be an Indian for any purpose, or
- Eskimo, Aleut, or other Alaska Native, or
- Member of an organized Indian group that received a grant under the Indian Education Act of 1988 as it was in effect on October 19, 1994.
In order to receive services from the NAEP, the following forms must be completed and on file in our office.
- Title VI Student Eligibility (ED506) Form,
- Johnson O'Malley (JOM) Student Eligibility Form, and
- Copy of the tribal enrollment verification such as the Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or Census Number. (Examples of other proof of membership may include: affidavit from tribe, CDIB card or birth certificate. Parent or Grandparent CDIB is also accepted.)