Public 2 Year Colleges (AZ)
Below are links to the community colleges in Arizona, with Pima Community College being our local one. Many of these colleges have specialty programs so check out their websites and see what's out there!
Tucson and Southern Arizona:
Pima Community College - see below for information on Pima's Honors College
Phoenix Metro Area: Maricopa Community Colleges
Flagstaff and Northern Arizona:
Pima Community College Honors College
Students may view all HON and HC courses online. Go to Pima's online schedule of classes, click on "Advanced Search," check the box for "All Honors Courses," then hit the search button, and all our classes being offered will appear.
- The Honors Program offers students a host of opportunities:scholarships; smaller classes; interesting projects; connections with UA, NAU, and ASU Honors; leadership development; service learning; social networking; library privileges; and engaged peers and professors.
- There is no additional cost to join the Honors Program.To join, all your students need to do is take HON 101, which counts as an elective. To receive a certificate from the Honors Program, students need to complete 15 credit hours of Honors courses, including HON 101. Successful completion of a certificate means a student may be automatically admitted to UA Honors and only needs to complete 15 rather than 18 credits to graduate from UA Honors.
- HON and HC courses are available on all campuses.Students do not need to be in the Honors Program to take Honors Content (HC) courses. As long as they meet the eligibility requirements for Honors (i.e. maintaining a 3.5+ GPA and the appropriate placement test scores), they may take HC courses. All of our HC courses meet AGEC requirements, as well as counting toward the Honors Certificate. When students are in the program, they may also use an Honors Contract to turn any course into an Honors course.
- The Honors Club and PTK are available to Honors students. The Honors Club and PTK are involved with service and leadership projects, as well as social activities. This year, we are working with the VA Hospital, Goodwill Metro, the Pima Animal Care Center (PACC), Ronald McDonald House, Habitat for Humanity, Casa Maria, RISE for Homeless Vets, and other organizations. Students may visit the Pima Honors Club Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pimahonorsclub).
- To find out more about the Honors Programvisit pima.edu/programs-courses/honors. Your students may also access us through Pima’s homepage. We are under “Programs and Courses.”
If you have any questions, contact the Honors Coordinator at your closest campus.
Community: Amy Davis, email@example.com, 206-3968
Desert Vista: Dr. Jodylee Duek, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-5070
Downtown: Dr. Kristina Beckman-Brito, email@example.com, 206-7181
East: Kyley Segers, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-7806
Northwest: Dr. Ken Vorndran, email@example.com, 206-2162
West: Dr. Michael Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-3088
AZTransfer is a statewide collaboration to help students navigate their higher education options in the State of Arizona. Information and resources on AZTransfer.com represent each of Arizona's public and tribal community colleges and universities.
Use AZTransfer to help you plan your transfer and make sure that you won't lose any credits in the process!