Degrees and Certifications:
BA General Studies - University of Arizona Teacher's Certification - Prescott College
Mrs. Jamie Ruiz
**********IMPORTANT NOTICE********** IRHS will be holding our annual Open House event, it will just look a little different. Due to COVID-19 concerns we will be holding a Virtual Open House. Parents, you will be will be able to use the same virtual platform (Zoom) that your students are using. This will be a great (and hopefully not the only) opportunity for us to meet and for you to find out about what your child is learning in my class. I have so enjoyed meeting your children and look forward to seeing you at our IRHS Virtual Open House!
What: IRHS Virtual Open House
When: Wednesday 9/2/20 - period 1 6:00 period 2 6:15 period 3 6:30 period 4 6:45 period 5 7:00 period 6 7:15 period 7 7:30
Why: We would like to introduce ourselves
How: via Zoom
Welcome Back! So glad you have chosen IRHS for your educational needs.
I certainly have to say, this is the most unusual back to school year I've had in 28 years! Interesting and difficult, but nonetheless, still very exciting. Obvisously, this year is starting in a most unusual fahsion , and although there is much learning to do as always, we must cognizant of each other's personal situations and struggles. If you have any concerns that I need to be aware of, please reach out via email. Afterall, "we are all in this together."
This year I will be teaching Pre-Algebra and Study Skills.
Please note that all assignments, needed documents, and communication will happen in Google Classroom. Students MUST use @student.amphi.com account to send any emails to teachers. I will send out an email by Friday afternoon with your Google Classroom code.
CONTACT INFO: email@example.com 407.4271 Office hours: 7:45 am - 8:10 am M-F (when not in a meeting)
C.D.O High School
U of A - B.S. Sociology, Political Science, and Child Development
Prescott College - Teacher certification
- AZ Children’s Home
- Desert Hills Adolescent Psychiatric Hospital
- La Cima Middle School
- Amphi Middle School
Why I am committed to Amphi
- I am an Amphi product; Donaldson, Cross, and CDO. It just feels right to be here.
Defining Moment in my Education
- I had four amazing HS teachers who had a profound impact on my life. Not only did they teach me about chemistry, grammar, sports and literature, but also how to build my self-confidence, build relationships and how to manage multiple tasks. I want to be that person.
Why I Teach at IRHS
- I have spent 24 years working at the Middle School level. My own children are now older, I felt it was time to take on a new challenge and thought IRHS would be a welcoming, exciting place to do that. I started here in 2017 and have enjoyed every minute of my time here. I enjoy the staff and students that I have the opportunity to work with everyday.
Hobbies and Interests
- Enjoying watching my grown children experience their own adult lives.
- Going to movies and THE BEACH!
- Being involved in the YMCA.
- Outside walking, exercising, walking my dog, drive my cats crazy with the laser pointer.