Degrees and Certifications:
BA General Studies - University of Arizona Teacher's Certification - Prescott College
Mrs. Jamie Ruiz
My name is Jamie Ruiz, this is my 31st year teaching, all in the Amphi District. I teach Pre-Algebra and Study Skills for the special education department here at IRHS. I will use Schoology daily to post class assignments and notes. Communication with students and parents should occur using my email@example.com email. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
CONTACT INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org 407.4271
C.D.O High School
U of A - B.S. Sociology, Political Science, and Child Development
Prescott College - Teacher certification
- AZ Children’s Home
- Desert Hills Adolescent Psychiatric Hospital
- La Cima Middle School
- Amphi Middle School
Why I am committed to Amphi
- I am an Amphi product; Donaldson, Cross, and CDO. It just feels right to be here.
Defining Moment in my Education
- I had four amazing HS teachers who had a profound impact on my life. Not only did they teach me about chemistry, grammar, sports and literature, but also how to build my self-confidence, build relationships and how to manage multiple tasks. I want to be that person.
Why I Teach at IRHS
- I have spent 24 years working at the Middle School level. My own children are now older, I felt it was time to take on a new challenge and thought IRHS would be a welcoming, exciting place to do that. I started here in 2017 and have enjoyed every minute of my time here. I enjoy the staff and students that I have the opportunity to work with everyday.
Hobbies and Interests
- Enjoying watching my grown children experience their own adult lives.
- Going to movies and THE BEACH!
- Being involved in the YMCA.
- Outside walking, exercising, walking my dog, drive my cats crazy with the laser pointer.