2019 - 2020
About Mr. DesJarlais (a.k.a Mr. D)
IRHS: Currently teaching General Physics, AP Physics C Mechanics, and Astronomy. This is my 9th year teaching at IRHS (and my 28th year overall). Education:
- B.S. Physics and Mathematics, University of Arizona.
- Post-Baccalaureate Secondary Teaching Certification, University of Arizona.
- M.A. Teaching and Teacher Education w/ Mathematics Emphasis, University of Arizona.
- Educational Leadership Certification, Northern Arizona University.
- Ironwood Ridge High School (August 2011 - Present)
- Amphitheater Middle School (August 2009 - May 2011)
- Cross Middle School (August 2008 - May 2009)
- Amphitheater Middle School (August 2007 - May 2008)
- Amphitheater High School (August 1998 - May 2007)
- La Cima Middle School (August 1992 - May 1998)
Awards / Publications: Co-authoried mathematics article with University of Arizona math professor, that was published in the British Mathematical Gazette, July 2005 Core Educational Beliefs
- I believe in the individual uniquess of every student.
- I believe every student CAN learn.
- I believe it is my responsibility to provide an environment for students to engage in the process DOING science.
- I believe learning requires active participation and not passive observation by ALL involved (teacher and students)
- I believe every student has the responsibility to come to class READY, WILLING, and PREPARED to learn.
I am a "native" Arizonan (born in Douglas, AZ)
I am honored and blessed to have the opportunity to teach and share my passion in physics to the students here at Ironwood Ridge High School.
- Phone: (520) 407-4149
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org